A golden milk latte, or turmeric latte, is a vibrantly coloured warm drink that is popular in Eastern cultures for its amazing healing benefits.
Turmeric and CBD (cannabidiol) is a match made in heaven and work synergistically to reduce inflammation, fight chronic pain, relieve symptoms of depression and anxiety, and improve sleep.
This recipe is brimming with nutritious and delicious ingredients and makes a great alternative to morning coffee, or a relaxing evening beverage to wind down before bed.
This soothing elixir feels like drinking a big warm hug.
- 1 inch of turmeric root juiced
- ½ inch ginger root juiced
- 2 heaped tsp of Inner Atlas Day blend
- 2 grinds of black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Desired CBD oil dosage
1. To make the CBD infused golden milk, use a small pot or saucepan over low heat and add 1 cup of coconut milk, or milk of choice.
2. Juice the turmeric and ginger together and add to the milk.
3. Add in pepper, cinnamon, Inner Atlas blend, and coconut oil.
4. Use a whisk to mix together and bring a gentle boil and turn off the heat.
5. Allow the elixir to steep for a further five minutes and strain into a mug.
6. Stir in your desired dosage of CBD oil and then top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Inner Atlas Day is a blend of adaptogenic medicinal mushrooms, maca powder, vanilla, and Kakadu plum. You don’t need this product to make the elixir but it adds a hint of sweetness and is loaded with amazing nutritional benefits.
- You can add in honey if you’d prefer a sweeter flavour.
- Juicing the turmeric and ginger root gives the elixir a unique flavour and tends to taste better than powdered turmeric. However, if you’re unable to find turmeric root you can substitute it for ¼ – ½ tsp of turmeric powder.
- If substituting the ginger root for powdered ginger, use around ⅛ of a tsp.
Amazing health benefits of CBD infused golden milk latte
Adding CBD oil into this elixir is a great way to take your daily dose. Studies have found that consuming CBD with high-fat foods can increase absorption into the body, so the addition of coconut oil to this recipe will facilitate rapid absorption, allowing you to feel the effects faster.
Some of the conditions that CBD oil can benefit, include:
- Anxiety and depression
- Pain and inflammation
- Epilepsy and seizure conditions
- Autoimmune disease
- Heart health and blood pressure
Turmeric and black pepper
Turmeric is renowned for its healing compound, curcumin. Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric responsible for so many of its benefits.
Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda practitioners have been utilising turmeric in holistic health protocols for thousands of years.
- May reduce symptoms of depression
- Fights inflammation
- Boosts skin health
- May prevent blood clots
- May assist pain associated arthritis
- May assist healing from inflammatory bowel conditions
You may be wondering why there’s black pepper in this recipe, studies have found that black pepper works synergistically with turmeric to help enhance effects.
“Curcumin in turmeric and piperine in black pepper has been shown to improve health due to their anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and disease-fighting qualities.” 
Cinnamon is another medicinal spice that has been used by many cultures around the world for thousands of years.
Health benefits :
- High in antioxidants
- Fights inflammation
- Stabilises blood sugar
- Fights viruses and infections
- Improves skin health
Hope you enjoy this healthy, healing beverage.