So, you want to know how to make CBD gummies? Well, fellow CBD lover, you are in the right place because we’ve created a quick and easy recipe that’ll tantalise your taste buds and have you reaping the benefits in no time.
Whether you want to learn how to make weed gummies or CBD gummies, this recipe will guide you through the process step-by-step.
If you’re more of a visual learner, you can check out the video below.
6 amazing benefits of CBD gummies
Besides cookies, brownies and other baked goods, CBD gummies are one of the most popular cannabis edibles and are a great way to consume your daily dosage of the good stuff.
Let’s be honest CBD doesn’t get much more fun than in the form of a tasty, chewy treat, but is it just as beneficial as regular CBD oil?
Let’s explore some of the key benefits of CBD gummies.
CBD edibles are metabolised differently than CBD oil. While oil absorbs directly into your bloodstream through the mucous membranes in your mouth, CBD gummies are metabolised via the digestive system and then the liver.
This means the effects take longer to be felt but last for an extended timeframe.
CBD gummies usually take about 60–90 minutes to kick in, whereas CBD oil consumed sublingually usually takes anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes.
The average duration of effects from CBD gummies is around 5–6 hours but can last up to 12 hours in some instances .
Every person is unique, and there are bio-individual factors that may determine how long it takes to feel the effects and how long they may last, including:
- Diet and eating habits
- Tolerance to cannabis
Easy to dose
CBD gummies are easy to accurately dose when you make your own, although it may be hard to stop at just one.
When you make your own CBD gummies, you can easily figure out how many milligrams of CBD you are adding into the recipe and then simply divide that by the number of gummies to figure out the dosage of each gummy. However, this may be a little harder to determine if you are using homemade CBD oil.
CBD gummies are an easy and convenient way to take CBD on the go. Whether you’re going away for the weekend or a work trip, taking a stash of gummies is a far more discreet consumption method than CBD oil. You won’t need to worry about oil leaking in your bag or having to count out the drops as you disperse it into your mouth.
Easy to make
CBD gummies are super easy to make, and you can whip up a batch in less than half an hour. You’ll either need to purchase a bottle of CBD oil or make your own for this recipe.
If you’re interested in making your cannabis oil, we’ve created a super easy DIY CBD oil recipe using the MagicalButter Machine.
Provides the same health benefits as CBD oil
Whether you prefer chewing on gummies or consuming an oil, you will get many of the same potential benefits and may help with conditions such as:
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Chronic pain conditions
- Insomnia and other sleep conditions
- Seizure conditions
However, one advantage CBD oil has over CBD gummies is that it has greater bioavailability when consumed orally. Bioavailability is the degree and rate that CBD is absorbed in the body.
CBD oil also has a more rapid onset than edibles, although the effects of edibles tend to last longer .
Won’t make you high
CBD gummies differ significantly from edibles made with THC or marijuana. Edibles made with marijuana will be high in THC, and for the uninitiated, can lead to unwanted side effects such as feeling sleepy, drowsiness, or even paranoid.
Although, if you are wondering how to make THC gummies, it’s as easy as substituting CBD oil for a high THC weed oil.
Let’s get down to business and learn how to make cannabis gummies.
CBD GUMMIES RECIPE
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10-15 mins Total time: 15-20 mins
• 28 gummy bears, all the same colour
• 4 TBSP CBD oil
• 1 cup warm water
• Food colouring (optional )
• Fork or whisk
• Silicone Gummy Mold
• Gummy Bear Dropper
• Measuring Cup
• Double Boiler
1. Fill the double boiler up halfway and put it on low to medium heat.
2. Add 28 gummy bears into the top half of the double boiler.
3. Add 4 TBSP CBD oil or desired amount into the gummy bears.
4. Add 2 TBSP of water into the gummy bear mixture.
5. Add a few drops of food colouring until you reach the desired colour.
6. Stir, stir, stir – the ingredients tend to separate, continue to mix until you have a smooth consistency that doesn’t show any separation between the ingredients .
7. If possible, keep the double boiler on a very low heat and then use the dropper to suck up some of the mixture and slowly squeeze it into the gummy molds.
8. Slide the gummy mold onto a plate and refrigerate overnight to set
9. When the CBD gummies have set, you can roll them with sugar and citric acid to stop them from sticking together.
10. The CBD gummies are best stored in the fridge.