Are you looking for a lock-down cooking project with a little extra sumthin’ sumthin’?
These delicious canna cookies certainly hit the spot, although we’d recommend baking a second batch without any cannabutter so you don’t have to stop at one.
We recently created our own cannabutter using the MagicalButter Machine and the end product was amazing. You can check out the full article and recipe here.
Now, the thing with making your own cannabutter is you need to be careful with the dosage. Starting with a small amount to test the strength is the best way to go about this.
Do as I say and not as I do. I added half a cup of butter into the original recipe for these cookies and they were a tad strong, so suffice to say I’ve lowered the amount for this recipe. You can even start out by adding less cannabutter than suggested to trial the strength.
But, if you’re an experienced canna cookie connoisseur, then by all means dose to your heart’s content.
Next time I bake these cookies, I’m going to experiment by adding in raspberries. I think the tart flavour of the berries will work really well with the white chocolate.
Let us know if you’ve created any awesome edibles, we’d love to see what gourmet delights you’ve been whipping up. Get in touch here.
Salted Macadamia White Choc Canna Cookies Recipe
Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 10-15 mins Total time: 40-45 mins
• ¾ cup regular unsalted butter
• ¼ cup of cannabutter
• 2 eggs
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon almond extract
• 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, you can substitute for a gluten-free flour of choice
• ½ cup white sugar
• ¾ cup brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup roasted and salted macadamia nuts
• 1 cup of white choc chips or coarsely cut white chocolate
• You can swap out all-purpose flour for gluten-free flour of choice.
• If you choose to add less than ¼ cup of cannabutter, use regular butter to make up the remaining quantity. In total there needs to be 1 cup of butter added to the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Use a double boiler or a pan to soften the regular butter and the cannabutter
- In a large bowl add both types of butter, the brown and white sugar and use a beater to blend until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts and beat until combined.
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt and then slowly stir in the creamed mixture. Mix together gentle using a large spoon or spatula.
- Once the dry and wet ingredients have been combined and are smooth, stir in the chopped macadamias and white chocolate. Ensure all ingredients are stirred in well and there are no lumps of flour.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof baking paper
- Use a dessert spoon to scoop the cookie dough onto the baking tray
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.